I’m proud of how much my little blog has grown over the years. Looking back, I have experienced quite a lot of things I seriously never thought I would when I started out. I feel blessed and humbled, but at the same time, I would like to think I have returned the trust that was given to me by these brands, organizations, & companies through the hard work I put into producing quality content. You can read about my collabs and the brands I’ve worked with here. For now, let me give a brief outline of my blogging journey:
- 2012: Became a Foodista.com Featured Blogger thanks to the Purple Ombre Cake I attempted out of curiosity
- 2012: Had one of my posts featured on Huffington Post Taste
- 2013: Got my Mario-themed dessert featured on JapanLover.Me
- 2013: Took a huge leap of faith as I started blogging on a self-hosted platform, even though I was not (and still am not) a full-time blogger
- 2015: Named as a Finalist for the Philippine Blog Awards 2015 — Food and Dining Category
- 2016: Tapped by Manila Bulletin to contribute two articles about Dubai and Abu Dhabi for their Cruising Magazine April 2016 issue. It was surreal seeing my work printed on a magazine, but yay!
- 2016: Had the honor of being selected as the Philippine representative to the Global Wow Korea Social Influencer Tour 2016; a five-day tour sponsored by the Korea Tourism Organization. I met awesome people from 9 different countries and traveled all over South Korea with them. Needless to say, it’s an experience I will never forget.
- 2017: Got to enjoy the Sapporo Snow Festival 2017 with the Sapporo City Tourism Office
- 2017: Named one of HomeAway by Expedia’s Top Food Bloggers in the Philippines
- 2019: Enjoyed a fabulous beer & California cheese weekend in Boracay with the California Milk Advisory Board
- 2019: Went on an amazing California Cheese Crawl with the California Milk Advisory Board
Want your food/travel product or kitchen gadget to be featured on the blog? Perhaps you would like to sponsor a giveaway? Please read below:
- Can I invite you to my restaurant/media gathering/event? Please note that I have a Monday to Saturday day-job, so the chances of me attending events on these days are small. (Sorry!) But on less busy days I manage to step out for a bit so it’s still worth a shot to e-mail me. It’s best to contact me at least a week before so I can work it into my schedule somehow. However I would prefer to be able to go on my own time. Please include in your e-mail some background details and a website link of your restaurant for my reference.
- Do you do product promotions/reviews? Yes I do! I especially love helping out local businesses so please do email me. Please do keep in mind though that in the end, the decision of whether it makes it up on the blog is mine. If I had a good experience with and liked your product, I will have no qualms in praising it. If I didn’t like your product, instead of bashing it, I will not write about it at all.
- Can I post my articles/press releases on your blog? I take painstaking effort in coming up with my content, which is why I never copy-paste press releases. I do not allow people to “guest post”, and if I already kindly declined, pestering me continuously will not make me change my mind. I also do not write about anything I have personally never tried, even if compensation is offered. If you want me to promote your product you may send me samples. (See above bullet point.) Please understand this is my way of preserving the integrity of my blog.
- Can we partner for giveaways? Of course! Please do let me try your product first and I’ll get in touch for the giveaway if my experience is favorable. On the other hand, if you would like to sponsor my ingredients (which I would love!) please also give me a chance to try it out first if I am unfamiliar or not a user of your brand.
- What kind of collabs do you do? See below links to get an idea of the sort of collabs I have done with brands.
Food-Related Brands/Organizations: Coca-Cola, Villa del Conte Chocolates, Prima Taste Noodles, Delimondo Corned Beef, Rico Corn Rice, Doña Maria Rice, Minola Coconut Oil, San Marino Tuna, Sarangani Bay, Holiday Ham, Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, Gardenia, Nestle Coffee Mate, Nestle All Purpose Cream, Alaska Crema, Alaska Classic Milks (1–2), Milkana Dairy, Danes Cheese Ball, Maya Hotcake Mix, Bayani Brew, Jimm’s Coffee (1–2–3–4), KitchenAid Philippines, Oster Philippines, Breville Philippines (1–2-3), DeLonghi Philippines, Panasonic Refrigerator, Deal Grocer, ASUS Philippines, Huawei Mobile Philippines, Petron Gasul, California Milk Advisory Board (1–2–3–4–5), U.S.A. Potatoes Philippines (1–2–3), U.S. Blueberries Philippines (1-2), U.S. Pulses.
Food-Related Establishments: SPIRAL at Sofitel, CIRCLES at Makati Shangri-la, LI LI RESTAURANT at Hyatt, Hilton Manila (1–2), TWG Tea, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, S&R Membership Shopping, Mister Donut Philippines, Crystal Jade Dining In, SM Mega Fashion Hall Food Wok, McDonald’s, BonChon Philippines, Tori Chizu, Uma Uma Ramen Philippines, XIU Fine Cantonese Dining, Namoo House Philippines, Tori Chizu, Sky Ranch Tagaytay, Enderun Colleges (1–2).
For business inquiries, kindly e-mail me at clarisse [at] thetummytrain [dot] com. Please do note that I get a number of e-mails in a day so I might not be able to respond right away. Please be patient as this one-woman team is trying her best! 🙂