Orange Spice Iced Coffee
A delicious orange-and-spice-filled twist to your typical cold brew!
For the orange spice syrup:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 large strip fresh orange peel pith avoided as much as possible
- 1 2-inch cinnamon stick or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground cloves depending on how strong you like it
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
To assemble the coffee:
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons orange spice syrup from above
- 3/4 to 1 cup cold brew concentrate
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half or more to taste
Make the orange spice syrup:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar and water. Add in the orange peel, cinnamon stick, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. It will start to thicken at this point but will continue to thicken as it cools. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Pour syrup over a strainer into a small jar with a lid. Discard solids. Syrup will keep in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 weeks, though it's best used within 2 weeks.
Make the coffee:
Add ice to a serving glass, then add in the syrup. (If you're unsure if you'll like it, start with 1 Tablespoon syrup then build up.) Pour in the cold brew concentrate, followed by the milk. Stir to combine and enjoy! Adjust syrup as needed.